Terms and Conditions
The following Terms & Conditions govern the Lulu Money Services offered by NS Cashpoint Sdn Bhd (“NSC”, we, us, our, ours, including all grammatical variations) in Malaysia. Other Terms & Conditions governing Your account with NS Cashpoint Sdn Bhd will continue to be applicable except only where such other Terms & Conditions are in conflict with these Terms & Conditions (“T&Cs”).
Alerts: Means the customized alert messages NSC sent to Your mobile phone number provided to NSC and appearing on NSC’s records.
Application: Means an application You accessed to avail services offered by Lulu Money.
Business Day: Means a day on which NSC is open for business in Malaysia.
Instructions: Means the electronic instructions You initiated remotely and electronically transmitted via mobile phone to NSC.
NSC: Means NS Cashpoint Sdn Bhd (Company Reg. No: 274631-K) a company incorporated in Malaysia and having its business address at 6-2, 2nd Floor Jalan 15/48A, Sentul Raya Boulevard, 51000 Kuala Lumpur and its branches, successors and legal assigns.
Lulu Money: Means the Lulu Money App made available for the provision of NSC’s services, transactions details, initiating funds transfer instructions and other services as may be made available to You from time to time in each case through mobile phones.
Lulu Money Services:Means the money remittance services available on Lulu Money.
One Time Password: Means the 5-digit number sent to Your mobile phone number in order to register and continue using the Lulu Money for security purposes.
Remittances: Means fund transfers from Your Account to any account maintained with another Bank.
Security Codes: Means all passwords, activation keys and other codes as may be prescribed by NSC from time to time.
Security Tools: Means Your User ID, Password, One Time Pin, and any other means of security NSC accredited from time to time to allow You to get access to the Lulu Money Services.
Software: Means the application available in iOS store and Android market to be downloaded and installed on Your mobile phone in order to access the Lulu Money Services.
Transactions: Means instructions affecting Your Account.
Triggers: Means the customized messages NSC sends due to specific events and/or transactions relating to Your Account such as push notifications, notices, products, updates, general greetings.
Website: Means NS Cashpoint Sdn Bhd’s website, www.nscashpoint.com.my
You or Your:Including all grammatical variations means an individual who maintains an Account and is authorized to conduct Transactions via Lulu Money Services.
- Words importing only the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
- The words importing any gender shall include all genders, words importing person shall include a sole proprietor, partnership, firm, company, corporation or other legal person.
- Words and text not defined on these Terms and Conditions shall have the meaning as defined under the General Terms and Conditions of Accounts and NSC’s services.
The Lulu Money Services will only be available for mobile phones running either on Apple or Android operating systems and data connections which meet the required specifications and configurations. You agree to procure and maintain a mobile phone and data connection which meets these requirements at Your own expense.
- The guidance on the operation of the Lulu Money Services will be made available to You. You must follow all relevant guidance whenever You operate the Lulu Money Services. In case there are changes to the way You should operate the Lulu Money Services, NSC will notify You about the changes.
- NSC may post all Alerts and Triggers on its Website and it is Your responsibility to check any updates or changes NSC may do. You accept that in the future, NSC may send Alerts and Triggers through additional modes of communication and from time to time, add, delete, and/or modify the Triggers based on Your requests.
- The Lulu Money Services will be available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day but there is no warranty that the same will be available at all times. Instructions received after NSC’s normal working hours will be processed on the next Business Day. You agree that NSC shall be entitled at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to temporarily suspend the operation of the Lulu Money Services for updates, maintenance and upgrading purposes without any liability from its end.
- By registering on, accessing, browsing, downloading or using the Lulu Money for any general purpose or for the specific purpose of availing any Lulu Money Services, You agree to be bound by these terms and conditions set forth below as well as by the service-specific terms and conditions applicable to each Lulu Money Services (hereinafter collectively, the T&Cs). These T&Cs shall also include any additional or modified terms and conditions in relation to any additional or modified service-specific terms and conditions in relation to any Lulu Money Service or any future service that may be offered by NSC on Lulu Money. By registering on, accessing, browsing, downloading or using (as applicable) the Lulu Money or availing any Lulu Money Services, You automatically and immediately agree to all the T&Cs. If at any time You do not accept or agree with any of the T&Cs or do not wish to be bound by the T&Cs, You may not access, browse or use the Lulu Money and immediately terminate Your availing the Lulu Money Services. Accepting or agreeing to the T&Cs will constitute a legal contract (hereinafter Agreement) between You, being at least 18 years of age and an individual user of the Lulu Money and NSC Services. All services are rendered by NSC through the Lulu Money under the brand name “Lulu Money” (or any derivatives or variations thereof). Consequently, all the rights, benefits, liabilities and obligations under the T&Cs shall, as the case may be, accrue to the benefit of, or incurred by, NSC, regarding Your use of NSC’s digital services (which includes but may not be limited to money remittance services), any services which may be added on the Lulu Money and which will henceforth be a Lulu Money Service, from time to time. The Lulu Money Services shall be used by You subject to Your adherence with the T&Cs. As long as You accept and comply with these T&Cs, NSC grants You a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited, revocable privilege to enter and use the Lulu Money and/or avail the Lulu Money Services.
The Lulu Money Services are not available to persons under the age of 18 years or to anyone previously suspended or removed by NSC from availing the NSC Services or accessing Lulu Money. Further, the Lulu Money is not available for corporates, business houses or any other entity other than a natural person. The Lulu Money is not for the purposes of routing any corporate or business transactions. By accepting the T&Cs or by otherwise using the Lulu Money Services on the Lulu Money Mobile App, You represent that You are at least 18 years of age and have not been previously suspended or removed by NSC, or disqualified for any other reason, from availing the Lulu Money Services or using the Lulu Money and that you are a natural person intending to use the Lulu Money solely in capacity as a natural person and on your own behalf and that You will not route any corporate or business transactions from the Lulu Money Mobile App. In addition, You represent and warrant that You have the right, authority and capacity to enter into Your Agreement and to abide by all the T&Cs as part of Your Agreement. Finally, You shall not impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your identity, age or affiliation with any person or entity. Finally, in the event of any violation of the T&Cs, NSC reserves the right to suspend or permanently prevent You from availing NSC Services or using the Lulu Money Mobile App.
Security and Access Procedures
- NSC will issue the Security Codes for the access on the Lulu Money Services. NSC may also issue separate requirements, restrictions, instructions, activation and access procedures, or any additional conditions pertaining to the access and use of the Lulu Money Services, the Software, the Security Codes, and the transmission of Instructions (“Procedures”). You agree and undertake to be bound by and to comply with all of the Procedures that NSC may issue from time to time.
- You must secure the Software and the Security Codes installed on Your mobile phone with a password. All such passwords and the Security Codes must be kept strictly confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone else.
- You must not permit any person to access Your mobile phone in such a manner that You may access the Software, Security Codes or the Lulu Money Service.
- In the event that You lost possession or control of Your mobile phone in which the Software and/or the Security Codes are installed, You must immediately notify and instruct NSC to revoke the Security Codes.
- Until and unless You notifies NSC, in accordance with Clause 3.4, all Instructions received by NSC which are associated with Your Security Code shall be deemed correct, valid and issued by You. NSC shall be entitled to rely on such Instructions, whether they actually originated from You or purportedly originated from You. You accept that all erroneous or inadvertent messages received and processed are Your responsibility.
- You agree to indemnify NSC against any and all liabilities, losses, claims and damages arising as a result of Customer’s negligence, breach or non-compliance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of You losing Your mobile phone and/or Security Codes.
Upon completion of the prescribed registration and activation procedures, You will be permitted to download the Software for installation into Your mobile phone and accordingly You will be granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the Software, provided You continuously comply with the following:
- Not to use the Software for any purpose other than to access Your own Account(s) via the Lulu Money Services.
- Not to permit or enable any person to access the Software, or leave Your mobile phone unattended in such a manner as to enable others to access the Software.
- Not to reproduce, modify or reverse engineer, modify, decompile the Software or permit any other person to do so.
- Not to permit any person to access the Security or Activation Codes or otherwise enable any person to download a copy of the Software.
- Acknowledge that the Lulu Money Services and all associated software are either owned, proprietary or licensed to NSC and/or third-party providers.
- Unless applicable law in the destination country requires otherwise, You will bear all fees for the money transfer. In certain cases, payment of a money transfer may be subject to local taxes and service charges. For account based money transfer, the beneficiary may incur additional fees for receiving funds sent by You. Transfers should be sent to a local (beneficiary) currency account, otherwise the receiving institution may convert the funds at its own exchange rate or reject the transaction. The beneficiary’s agreement with its account provider/bank governs the account and determines their rights, liability, fees, funds availability and account limitations. In the event of an inconsistency between the account number (including mobile phone numbers for mobile accounts) and name of the beneficiary, the transfer will be credited to the account number provided by You. NSC accepts no responsibility towards You nor to any account holder for any fees, exchange rates used for conversion to non-local currency, acts or omissions of the destination or intermediary financial service providers.
- Money transfer payments will normally be made in the currency of the destination country. All currency is converted at NSC’s then current rate of exchange. NSC calculates its rate of exchange based on commercially available interbank rates plus a margin. Most rates of exchange are adjusted several times daily in line with the relevant closing rate of financial markets globally.
- The conversion exchange rate from Ringgit Malaysia to recipient country’s local currency is subject to change without prior notice. The conversion exchange rate applicable to You shall be the exchange rate displayed in Lulu Money at the time You confirm transaction in Lulu Money.
By accessing or using Lulu Money or by availing NSC Services, You agree not to:
- violate the T&Cs;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely claim or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with any person or entity, or access the accounts of others without permission, perform any fraudulent activity or otherwise avail NSC Services with what we reasonably believe to be potentially fraudulent funds;
- use or access Lulu Money or any Lulu Money Service, to facilitate or support any act or omission by any party, that violates these T&Cs or any laws in any jurisdiction, including but not limited to rules and regulations relating to money laundering, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing Act 2001 (AMLATFA) and any subsequent amendments thereto, illegal gambling activities, fraud, or funding of terrorist organizations, etc.
- infringe our or any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy;
- intentionally interfere with or damage operation of the NSC Services or Lulu Money or any other user’s enjoyment of it, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code or file with contaminating or destructive features;
- provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- avail NSC Services with what NSC reasonably believes to be potentially fraudulent funds;
- use the NSC Services in a manner that results in or may result in complaints, disputes, reversals, chargebacks, fees, fines, penalties and other liability to NSC, a third party or You;
- use the NSC Services in a manner that NSC or any payment card network reasonably believe to be an abuse of the payment card system or a violation of payment card network rules;
The availability and proper functioning of the Lulu Money Services are dependent on many variable circumstances, including location, mobile network availability and signal strength, proper functioning of hardware, software and the mobile phone, and NSC shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may result directly or indirectly from any unavailability or improper functioning of the Lulu Money Service for any reason.
- You agree to indemnify and compensate NSC for any damages, loss, expense or liability it incurred as a result of Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You understand that in the event of loss of Your Mobile Phone and/or SIM Card or when other got possession of it, it can be misused. Accordingly, You agree to indemnify NSC for any such misuse arising out of the same. You shall not hold NSC responsible for any losses You may incur arising from it.
- If You opens additional Accounts or subscribes to any of NSC’s or its affiliates’ products, services and NSC extends the Lulu Money Services to such Accounts, Products or Services and You opts to apply for the services, then the Terms and Conditions of respective product or services shall automatically apply to such further use of the Lulu Money Services.
- NSC abides to the requirements under Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing regulations currently in force. In meeting these requirements, we would provide details of your transactions to the regulatory authorities as per their guidelines. For this purpose and the business requirements of NSC, you agree to provide true, accurate, complete and current information and documents to NSC. You shall indemnify NSC for any loss caused to NSC due to your provision of such untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or not current information and NSC will not be responsible for any damages, losses or claims made against them.
- Other NSC Services. Other products & services made available from time to time in the Lulu Money may be accessed by customer based on subscription.
- You accept that there are risks when using internet as a reliable means of communication and should You decide to communicate and use any of Lulu Money Services through Lulu Money, You should do that entirely at Your own risk and without any liability from NSC.
- The accuracy and correctness of all information and details transmitted through NSC’s services are the responsibility of You and You accept that all Transactions and Instructions requested will be processed without the need of any further reference, written notice or verification from NSC side.
- Once You submit and confirm an instruction or a Transaction, NSC shall be under no obligation to accept any amendment or cancellation afterwards.
- You can add a beneficiary for a Transaction or payment through the Lulu Money’s services and You accept that NSC will not be liable for any delay or non-payment if it was caused by an error on the details of the beneficiary or failure to identify the beneficiary or delay or failure to act by the receiving party.
- NSC does not represent or warrant that the Lulu Money will be (a) available to meet the requirements; (b) uninterrupted and no delays; (c) free from failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information; or (d) free from viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties that can damage Your phone operating system.
- You accept that NSC will not be liable to You or any other person for any negligence, breach, misrepresentation, claim, delay, expense damage or any other liability including legal cost, any loss however caused and irrespective of whether any claim is based on the loss of profit, business revenue, investment, goodwill, interruption of business or anticipated savings or loss of data which arises from:
- NSC acting or failing to act upon any of Your Instructions;
- Any error contained in the information You has provided through Lulu Money Services;
- Access or use of Lulu Money Services in the manner or purpose not authorized by NSC or from Your part;
- Malfunction or breakdown of access to Lulu Money Services; and
- Any events outside NSC’s control.
- You agree to treat access rights; documentation and any information related to Your Lulu Money Services strictly private and confidential and You shall not copy or reproduce them in any form either in whole or in part.
- Alerts. If You subscribe, NSC will provide You with alerts or confirmation to Your nominated contact number or e-mail address every time a transaction is performed using the NSC’s services.
- Fees and Charges. You accept that NSC may impose Charges on the NSC’s services and if applicable, NSC will deduct the charges from Your Account. If You use a Credit Card to make Transfer or Payments, You accept that it will be subject to cash advance fees except if it pertains to payments to utility companies.
- In no event, NSC or its contractors, agents, licensors, partners or suppliers will be liable to You for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, reliance, or exemplary damages (including without limitation lost business opportunities, lost revenues, or loss of anticipated profits or any other pecuniary or non-pecuniary loss or damage of any nature whatsoever) arising out of or relating to: (i) this Agreement; (ii) the NSC Services, Lulu Money or any reference site/app/platform/service; or (iv) Your use or inability to use the NSC Services, Lulu Money (including any and all materials) or any reference sites/app/platform/service, even if NSC or a NSC authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event, NSC or any of its contractors, directors, employees, agents, third party partners, licensors or suppliers will be liable to You for any damages, liabilities, losses, and causes of action arising out of or relating to: (i) this Agreement; (ii) the NSC Services, Lulu Money or any reference site/app/platform/service; or (iv) Your use or inability to use the NSC services, Lulu Money (including any and all materials) or any reference sites/app/platform/service; or (v) any other interactions with NSC, however caused and whether arising in contract, tort including negligence, warranty or otherwise, beyond or in excess of the amount remitted by You in the last transaction. You acknowledge and agree that NSC has offered its products and services, set its prices, and entered into this Agreement in reliance upon the warranty disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth herein, that the warranty disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth herein reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk between You and NSC, and that the warranty disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth herein form an essential basis of the bargain between You NSC. NSC would not be able to provide the services to You on an economically reasonable basis without these limitations. Applicable law may not completely allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions will apply to You subject to applicable law. In such cases, NSC’s liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. This paragraph shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
You agree to indemnify, save, and hold NSC, its affiliates, contractors, employees, officers, directors, agents, licensors, and partners harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages, and liabilities, costs and expenses, including without limitation legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to: (i) Your use or misuse of the Lulu Money; (ii) any violation by You of this Agreement; or (iii) any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by You herein. NSC reserves the right, at Your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which You are required to indemnify NSC, including rights to settle, and You agree to cooperate with NSC’s defense and settlement of these claims NSC will use reasonable efforts to notify You of any claim, action, or proceeding brought by a third party that is subject to the foregoing indemnification upon becoming aware of it. This paragraph shall survive termination of this Agreement.
Disclaimer; No Warranty
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, NSC and its third-party partners, licensors and suppliers disclaim all warranties or guarantees – whether statutory, express or implied – including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by You from NSC or through the Lulu Money will create any warranty or guarantee other than those expressly stated herein. For the purposes of this Disclaimer, You expressly acknowledge that as used in this section, the term “NSC” includes NSC’s officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, licensors, subcontractors and affiliates. You acknowledge that NSC is a facilitator of money remittance services and is not liable for any third party (banks etc.) obligations due to fluctuation in currency exchange rates, delay in remittance to Beneficiary bank account and all other instances, whether to any such banks’ account holder or otherwise. You expressly agree that use of the Lulu Money is at Your sole risk. It is Your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Lulu Money or on the Internet generally. NSC does not warrant that the Lulu Money will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the site will be corrected. The Lulu Money and any data, information, third party software, reference sites, services, or software made available in conjunction with or through the services and the site are provided on an “as is” and “as available,” “with all faults” basis and without warranties or representations of any kind either express or implied. NSC, and its third-party suppliers, licensors, and partners do not warrant that the data, NSC software, functions, or any other information offered on or through the Lulu Money or any reference sites/s/apps/services will be uninterrupted, or free of errors, viruses or other harmful components and do not warrant that any of the foregoing will be corrected. NSC and its third-party suppliers, licensors, and partners do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Lulu Money or any reference sites/platforms/apps/services in terms of correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You understand and agree that You use, access, download, or otherwise obtain information, materials, or data through the Lulu Money or any reference sites/platforms/apps/services at Your own discretion and risk and that You will be solely responsible for any damage to Your property (including Your computer system and mobile device or any other equipment) or loss of data that results from the download or use of such material or data. We do not authorize anyone to make any warranty on our behalf and You should not rely on any such statement. This paragraph shall survive termination of this Agreement. In no event will NSC be liable for any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss information and the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use the Lulu Money.
- You will be given the Security Tools which should be safeguarded at all times. The Security Tools are considered Customer’s identification and authentication when access to the NSC’s services is made. Once completely and successfully entered, You agree that any Instruction received or Transaction processed shall be deemed to have been authorized and to have originated from You without the need to obtain any further written or other confirmation even if those instructions are not authorized by You or performed by another person.
- You agree that any person who uses the Security Tools to access Your Account through the NSC’s services will be given access and NSC is not obliged to further check the identity of such person or the validity of any Transactions made on Your behalf.
- You should immediately notify NSC in case Your mobile device is lost, stolen or damaged.
- From time to time, NSC will require You to change Your/her MPIN &/or Password for security purpose. Your MPIN &/or Password may be re-activated and if NSC allows, You are given additional five (5) attempts to log-in.
- In case You requests for a new MPIN/ Password, NSC will respond only after upon completion of the authentication process. In case NSC approves Your request, NSC will reset and issue a new MPIN/ Password which NSC will deliver to Your registered mobile.
- In the event of any misuse, You accept that NSC have the right to disable the access to NSC’s services.
At NSC we take your privacy and data security very seriously. We protect and secure your financial and personal data using proven technologies. Certified and accredited by third party privacy organizations, NSC is regulated by Bank Negara Malaysia.
- 24/7 Built-in Transaction Monitoring Protection: We continually monitor our platform to protect our customers from fraudulent activity and unusual transactions. For the safety and security of your account, we may occasionally place a temporary hold or block a transfer until we can validate the activity. This is not done to intentionally slow down a transfer but to ensure the swift and accurate transfer of funds from your account to your intended recipient. When these transaction holds do occur, we will always attempt to contact you via email and phone for an additional security clearance and verification, particularly when your transaction is large or out of pattern.
- Regulated: NSC is fully regulated and licensed to provide Money Services Business in Malaysia.
- Secure Debit Card Usage: Our website uses MasterCard Secure Code and Verified by Visa systems to ensure only valid orders are processed.
- Bank-Level Security: NSC uses the same 256-bit encryption and physical security used by banks. Our practices are monitored and verified by Comodo and VeriSign.
- World-Class Compliance: We use a sophisticated, multi-point technique to ensure all transactions are subject to the appropriate levels of 'Know Your Customer' and other regulatory checks.
The Lulu Money Services and the Lulu Money are owned and operated by NSC. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, computer code (including source code and object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Lulu Money provided by NSC (hereafter Materials) are protected international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. As between You and NSC, all Materials, trademarks, service marks, and trade names contained on the Lulu Money are the property of NSC and/or third-party licensors or suppliers. You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter NSC or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within or accessed in conjunction with or through the Lulu Money. Except as expressly authorized by NSC, You agree not to sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of the Materials. NSC reserves all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement. If You have comments regarding the Lulu Money or ideas on how to improve it, please contact customer service. Please note that by doing so, You hereby irrevocably assign to NSC, and shall assign to NSC, all rights, title and interests in and to all ideas and suggestions and any and all worldwide intellectual property rights associated therewith. You agree to perform such acts and execute such documents as may be reasonably necessary to perfect the foregoing rights.
- NSC’s records maintained through the mobile network or otherwise, unless proven to be wrong, shall be accepted as conclusive and legally binding evidence of Your Transactions using the NSC’s services.
- You shall be responsible to ensure strict adherence to the security guidelines for the use of NSC’s services. This includes ensuring that any other security alerts that are posted on NSC’s Website and/or NSC advised to You through e-mail are observed and complied at all times.
- You may request to terminate the access to NSC’s services at any time by giving Lulu a prior written notice of three (3) Business Days.
- NSC may from time to time and at its sole discretion with prior notice to You, change and amend any of these Terms and Conditions. The changes will apply on the effective date NSC specified in the notice.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and the rules, regulations and directives of Bank Negara Malaysia.
- By applying for and using the Lulu Money Services, You acknowledge and accept these Terms and Conditions and any supplementary terms and conditions that may from time to time be in force.